Employee Benefits Information
Coverage for Your Employees in Dubuque, Bellevue, East Dubuque, and Guttenberg, IA
Protection and Assurance for your Employees
Employee benefits packages are an essential part of total compensation for a job. They can help attract and retain top workers and impact their finances and well-being. Some coverages are mandated by law and others can be selected to help your business offer the best benefits to your employees.
The agents at Ludovissy and Associates in Dubuque, Iowa, are ready to help you create an optimal package for your employees. Contact us today to get started.
Types of Employee Benefits
Laws may require employers to provide certain employees benefits. Others may be considered standard and some may be used to add value to your benefits package. Our agents can help you navigate the requirements and options. Reach out to us for more information.
The following benefits may be offered to employees:
- Health benefits such as health insurance can help pay for medical expenses. Health savings Accounts (HSAs) may also be available for individuals with high-deductible plans.
- Vision plans and/or dental insurance provide optional additions to health insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance provide wage replacement after a non-work-related injury
- Life insurance in differing amounts (e.g., an employee’s salary or multiplier of it)
- Retirement benefits such as a 401(k) plan, Roth 401(k) plan, defined benefit pension plan, 403(b) plan, 457 plan, Savings Incentive Match Plan for Employees (SIMPLE) IRA or Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) IRA plan
- Paid time off (PTO) which can be used for vacation or sick leave; leave for specific circumstances may be required by law.
- Wellness programs which may include gym membership reimbursement, smoking cessation programs and more
- Childcare/dependent care benefits may consist of an on-site childcare center or reimbursement for childcare costs. Access to childcare reimbursement through a flexible spending account (FSA) may also be made available.
Employees may offer several types of other benefits (e.g., supplement insurance such as critical illness insurance, accident insurance, hospital indemnity insurance and more). Contact us for details.
More Information on Employee Benefits
- Employee assistance programs (EAPs) may include tax planning, financial planning, mental health counseling, drug and alcohol counseling and other services
The team at Ludovissy and Associates is here to assist you as you select the employee benefits package that meets your employees’ unique needs. Reach out to us today to get started.